CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Saskatchewan Prevention Institute is pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for our conference Prevention Matters 2017: Standing Together for Children’s Health. The conference will be held in Saskatoon, SK at TCU Place, October 4-6, 2017. We welcome submissions for oral presentations, workshops, or posters within the conference streams listed below. The Saskatchewan Prevention Institute’s mandate is to reduce the occurrence of disabling conditions in children.
CONFERENCE PURPOSE and OBJECTIVES
Purpose: Prevention Matters 2017 will provide opportunities to explore prevention efforts to support the health of Saskatchewan children. The conference will focus on four streams: public health; child maltreatment; maternal and infant health; resources and skill development for individuals who work directly with children and their families, including mothers, fathers, extended family, and (all) other caregivers.
- Apply prevention/primary care strategies to emerging public health issues related to children and families
- Explore current issues and new evidence pertinent to the identification, investigation, management, and prevention of child maltreatment
- Discuss application of best evidence regarding current and emerging issues that impact the outcome of pregnancy for both the woman and infant
- Practice skills and strategies to enhance the interaction between care providers and families
- Explore the impact of trauma on the health of children and families and recognize the importance of a trauma-informed approach in clinical and non-clinical provision of care
- Develop inter-sectoral connections that will facilitate prevention efforts
Prevention Matters 2017 focuses on the four streams noted above. All presentations should include interactive periods and focus, not only on issues, but also on solutions.
Please note: We are in the process of applying for CME accreditation for this conference.
- Oral Presentation – Oral presentations will provide an opportunity to present innovative projects or research pertaining to a relevant conference theme. You may submit abstracts for oral presentations that are 15, 30, or 60 minutes in length. Oral presentations must allow ample time for questions (25% of allotted time).
- Workshop – Workshops will allow for the demonstration and application of techniques and skills related to one of the conference themes. Workshops must be interactive in nature (at least 25% of allotted time) and can be organized to fit time slots of 1½ or 2 hours.
- Poster – Posters will offer a visual presentation of research findings. Posters will be presented on October 5. Presenters are expected to attend their posters at noon on October 5. Poster board size is 4’ x 8’ and all materials must fit within this space.
SUBMITTING an ABSTRACT
To submit an abstract, please complete the attached Abstract Submission Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the Conference Content Committee and will be selected on the basis of:
- consistency with the overall conference theme and four priority areas;
- relevance and potential applicability of the presentation content to other conference participants; and
- clarity and quality of the abstract.
All presenters will be expected to register for the conference. Registration fees will be waived for one presenter of workshops and oral presentations, but not for poster presentations. All other expenses, such as travel and accommodation, will not be covered by the conference.
- All abstract submissions are due February 28, 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by March 20, 2017.
For any questions regarding the abstract submission process, please contact Lee Hinton at email@example.com or 306-651-4318.
Hotels and Parking Information
Toll Free: 1-800-667-3999
Queen: $125.00 per night
2 Queens: $140.00 per night
King: $150.00 per night
Additional Adult: $10.00 per night
Group Code: #229677
Free Shuttle Service, Continental Breakfast, Free Parking
King: $144.00 per night
Standard 2 Queen: $144.00 per night
Deluxe 2 Queen with Sleeper Chair: $154.00 per night
Additional Adult: $10.00 per night
Group Code: #Prevention Matters
Parking: $7.50/Day (Discounted from $15.00/Day)